Houston guard DeJon Jarreau believes he's gotten his basketball career back on track and expects to be a factor as the Houston Cougars championship rings make a run at a conference title and perhaps something bigger.

The sophomore transfer from Massachusetts had 18 points and seven assists to help No. 9 Houston beat UConn 71-63 on Thursday night for its ninth straight victory.

Armoni Brooks added 12 points for the Cougars (24-1, 11-1 American Athletic Conference). They opened the second half with a 17-4 run to take control.

Jarraeu had to sit out last season as a transfer and to get his academics in order at a junior college. He missed seven games early this season after the deaths of his grandmother and a cousin, a finger injury and a disciplinary issue.

He followed a 16-point game against Cincinnati on Sunday by hitting six of his 10 shots against the Huskies University/College Rings championship rings for sale.

"Missing a lot of time last year and at the beginning of the season really messed me up," he said. "But everybody kept encouraging me, telling me to keep my head up. Just add me as another playmaker alongside all of our guards and I think we can make a deep run,"

Christian Vital had 15 points for UConn (13-12, 4-8). The Huskies have lost three straight since a knee injury took out scoring leader Jalen Adams cheap championship rings.

Houston led 32-29 after 20 minutes. It was 49-33 after a 3-pointer from Brooks capped the Cougars big run, and Jarreau's driving layup gave Houston a 17-point lead with just over 7 1/2 minutes to go.

"We just weren't ready for the way they were going to bring it, both ends of the court there," UConn Huskies championship ringscoach Dan Hurley said.

UConn cut it to 61-55 after a 3-pointer by Sidney Wilson and a free throw from Christian Vital.

But another driving layup by Jarreau, followed by a steal and two foul shots from Cedrick Alley Jr. brought the lead back to double digits.

"Probably our most talented kid is Jarreau," Houston coach Kelvin Sampson said. "He's still not there yet. I see him in practice every day do some things that he hasn't quite let himself do in games."

The Huskies failed to capitalize on 21 Houston fouls, going 14 of 25 from the line custom University/College Rings championship rings.

UConn had a chance on a fast-break to cut the Houston lead to six points after Wilson's 3-pointer with just under three minutes to play, but the referee Gerry Pollard blew the play dead, believing Houston had committed a shot-clock violation, even though there was still one second showing on that clock.

"That's a terrible rule though," Sampson said. "Even if it was zero on the clock and the horn went off, they should just continue to play. Because that's a penalty to the offensive team.

مشخصات

• جهت مشاهده منبع اصلی این مطلب کلیک کنید
  • کلمات کلیدی منبع : houston ,rings ,uconn ,after ,from ,championship ,championship rings ,driving layup ,with just ,sampson said ,christian vital ,rings championship rings ,college rings championship ,university college rings
  • در صورتی که این صفحه دارای محتوای مجرمانه است یا درخواست حذف آن را دارید لطفا گزارش دهید.

تبلیغات

محل تبلیغات شما
محل تبلیغات شما محل تبلیغات شما

آخرین وبلاگ ها

برترین جستجو ها

آخرین جستجو ها

Silvino عروس اَپ لوله کشی ساختمان با الو لوله کش موج دریا Samuel عرضه کتب نویسنده و شاعر، آقای احمد جمادی Gabriel خلاصه کتاب و جزوات درسی مهتاب وکتور Ronald